Page 32 THE VILLADOM TIMES I • April 1, 2009
Home Improvement & Gardening
(ARA) Wouldn’t it be nice if adding style, curb appeal, and energy efficiency a home actually saved money? In 2009 and 2010, it can. Thanks to the new 2009 stimulus legislation, American homeowners can earn up to a $1,500 tax credit for buying qualifying insulated garage doors. The recent stimulus legislation signed by President Obama extends and significantly increases these tax credits for energy-efficient home improvements. Adding a new garage door in 2009 or 2010 can save homeowners money
The right garage door can help save tax money
by not only helping lower energy consumption and costs, but also by paying for itself through the tax credit incentive. A tax credit is more valuable than an equivalent tax deduction because a tax credit reduces tax dollar-fordollar, while a deduction only decreases the amount of income that is taxed. More details on the tax credit, along with information about garage door styles and local dealer installers, can be found at GarageWowNow.com, a noncommercial website. If your home has an attached garage, the room next to the garage is often the coldest room in the winter. Cold air in the winter, and warm air in the summer, can enter the house through the garage, increasing the amount of energy the home needs for heating and cooling. Insulated garage doors not only make a noticeable difference in the temperature of a home, but now can also save money off the bottom line of your income taxes. The new tax credits are available for qualifying garage door purchases placed in service from Jan.1, 2009, through Dec. 31, 2010. The maximum tax credit a taxpayer may claim from all qualifying improvements combined is a whopping 30 percent of the cost of each product and $1,500 over the lifetime of the tax credit periods (2009 and 2010). To be eligible for the tax credit: * The door must be an insulated residential garage door, installed on an insulated garage.
Bathrooms and Kitchens Plumbing Fixtures Appliances Complete Repairs and Installations
* The door must have a U-factor equal to or less than 0.30, even if the door contains windows. * The door perimeter must have a means to control air infiltration. * The door must be expected to remain in service for at least five years. * The garage must be part of the taxpayer’s principal United States residence. In addition to saving money and energy, installing a new garage door also improves a home’s appearance and value. The garage can comprise a third or more of your home’s front appearance. A new door that is quickly, safely and correctly installed by a local professional will differentiate your home and add style, value and curb appeal. Even in today’s tough economic times, replacing your garage door with a new upscale model can boost the resale value of your home. A recent online survey revealed that 71 percent of homeowners who recently replaced their garage door believe it definitely increased the value of their home. To find a professional dealer/installer and the garage door style that’s right for you, visit GarageWowNow.com. The site’s ZIP code search function will help you find a professional in your area who can install your door in a few hours. The site also features before and after images of new garage doors that have dramatically changed the appearance of homes.
CLEARCUT WINDOW & SIDING INC.
No Job Too Small or Too Large
• Custom Fitted Windows • Vinyl & Wood Siding • Small Additions • Replacement Doors, Storm Doors • Porch Enclosures • Roof Repairs • Custom Decks
Fully Insured • No Subs
Receive 20% OFF
(Labor Only) with this ad • offer expires 4-30-09
��������������������������������� �������������������� ���������������������������� ��������������������������������
����������������������������������������� ������������������� ������������������������� ������������������������������������ �����������������������������������
Gilmour Makes Quality Products That Last!
Everything You Ever Hoped For In A Garden Hose...
• 6-ply, double tire cord reinforced for durability and superior burst strength • Lightweight, coils and handles easily in all weather • Heavy gauge, crush resistant machined brass couplings. • Maximum kink resistance • Full lifetime replacement policy • Popular lengths up to 250 feet
• Cushioned black vinyl comfort grip • Heavy duty zinc body • Solid brass valve stem with with adjusting nut • Self-adjusting leak-free seal
593 Comfort Grip Pistol Grip Nozzle
• Translucent tank to check fluid level • Extra-wide mouth - easy to fill and clean • 16” flexible poly wand with adjustable tip • Long 33” PVC hose • Locking pump handle
301P Polyethylene Sprayer
Mon-Wed 7:30-6, Thurs & Fri 7:30-8, Sat 8-5,
27 Franklin Turnpike • Waldwick
If you need it, we have it!